For all of those who just downloaded Firefox 1.5 and canât get your extensions to work. This is a simple modification of Firefoxâs configuration to trick the extensions to work. No need to manually edit the extensions to get them to work. Currently all the extensions I use work except the bookmark sync extension that I so dearly want to.
1. At the location bar, enter: about:config. This will show you a list of Firefox internal preferences.
2. Right-click on the list, select New > String
Enter âapp.extensions.versionâ? (without quotes) for the preference name.
3. Then, enter â1.0â? (without quotes) as the value for app.extensions.version.
4. Restart Firefox 1.5, then enable those disabled Firefox extensions.
5. Restart Firefox 1.5 again to active the extensions. Done.